In a move you could sense coming with the ongoing cancellations due to the coronavirus COVID-19, the OHSAA announced today that all all remaining winter tournament contests have been postponed and will not be played.
The Association released the following statement surrounding the winter tournaments:
The suspended tournaments include the girls state basketball tournament; the state individual wrestling tournament; the state ice hockey tournament, and the boys regional and state basketball tournaments.
“We will use this time to work with the appropriate state authorities and health experts to determine our next steps moving forward,” Snodgrass said. “We realize this is disappointing for our participants and their fans, but the overall health and safety of everyone involved in our tournaments is our priority.”
No timetable has been determined for possible rescheduling for the tournaments.
The announcement was made after state and local officials recommended that no public gatherings take place to help stop the spread of the virus.
The OHSAA will send further updates regarding ticket refunds.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on