On Saturday night the Cleveland Indians and the Detroit Tigers played their second game of a doubleheader. This afternoon the Indians were making up a game that was postponed due to rain on May 4, the Indians ended up losing that game 7-4.
For the nightcap of Saturday night, the game resulted in a different outcome.
The Indians were heading into Saturday night with a record of 42-37 and were two games ahead of the Minnesota Twins for first place. The Tigers stood at 36-43 and were 6 games behind the Indians.
Following the victory, the Indians improved to 43-37 on the year and the Tigers fell to 36-44.
Here’s our three takeaways from the Indians 4-1 victory.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on