As just about everyone knew going on, the Indians are not getting much love on a national level when it comes to the ‘experts’ thinking they have a shot to win the World Series against the beloved Chicago Cubs.
As a matter a fact, if you look at the latest picks on CBS, everyone minus one (Dayn Perry), picks the Cubs to beat the Indians, and all of them pick the series to go six games.
|R.J. Anderson||Mike Axisa||Jonah Keri||Dayn Perry||Bill Reiter||Matt Snyder|
Here’s Perry’s take on the series, and why he thinks the Indians are going to be able to pull off the win and take home the title.
Kluber is rock-solid in two full-rest starts, the Tribe gets useful innings from Danny Salazar, the offense hangs runs on the Cubs’ right-handed starters, Andrew Miller continues to dominate, and Francona out-maneuvers Maddon when it comes to the bullpen.
As LeBron said when he spoke before the ALDS – “Believe something Cleveland: It’s always us against the world,” and when it comes to what the national media thinks about the World Series, that seems to be about right.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on