CLEVELAND– The Cleveland Indians are still searching for their first win over the New York Yankees in 2018 after falling to the Bronx Bombers 7-4 at Progressive Field on Thursday night.
Most fans attending the contest were likely not expecting 11 combined runs to be put up– after all, with Corey Kluber and Luis Severino taking the mound, there would appear to be no safer matchup out there if you were betting on a game being a pitchers’ duel.
In the end, both teams got contributions throughout their lineups and the Yankees had just a bit more down the stretch.
Here are three takeaways from the loss.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on