Earlier today the Tribe drafted outfielder and former Mayfield Wildcat Mitch Longo in the 14th round of the 2016 MLB Draft.
Longo, the 422nd overall pick in the draft, played collegiately for Ohio University. He posted a career .355/.426/.481 slash line in three seasons with the Bobcats, and was the 2015 MAC player of the year in OU’s MAC championship season. He was an All MAC 1st team selection in 2015 and a 2nd team selection in 2016.
— Mitch Longo (@MitchLongo10) June 11, 2016
Baseball runs in the Longo family. Mitch’s older brother Lee played for Eastern Michigan and his younger brother Jack is heading to OU this fall after helping lead Mayfield to a District championship in his senior season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on