On Wednesday, the Cleveland Indians issued a press release on Cleveland Indians outfielder, Michael Brantley.
Brantley has not played for the Indians since August 9th because of an injury to his right ankle.
The following is the press release regarding Brantley:
Michael had a second opinion evaluation with foot and ankle specialist Dr. Thomas Clanton in Vail, Colorado on Monday 9/19.
Dr. Clanton confirmed that Michael is dealing with a deltoid ligament sprain along with right ankle synovitis.
He remains shut down from all running activity for another 7-10 days. After that time he will be reevaluated to determine his readiness for land based running.
Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona had this to say about the Brantley situation :
— MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (@MLBNetworkRadio) September 20, 2017
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on