Rodney Hood: B-
Rodney Hood is the most frustrating Cav to grade and it isn’t necessarily his fault. Hood went from being groomed as a starter to riding the bench before finishing the NBA Finals with quality minutes.
Brought in at the NBA Trade Deadline from Utah, Hood was viewed as a game-changer. But untimely injuries and a minor riff with the team when he refused to enter Game 4 against Toronto in garbage time hurt his production and chance to shine when the lights were bright.
Hood finished his 21 regular season games averaging 10.8 points per contest. That number was cut in half during the playoffs, with just 5.4 points being added by Hood.
Of course, Hood only started one playoff game, that being the postseason opener against Indiana. The exchange with head coach Ty Lue at the end of Game 4 against Toronto left Hood scraping for minutes for most of the playoff run. Hood’s frustration was conveyed improperly and it cost him time on the floor as a result.
The former Duke standout can bring so much more to the table. Here’s to hoping he remains in Cleveland for next season.
Up next: George Hill
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on