The Browns announced today they have signed undrafted rookie RB L.J. Scott. To make room on the roster, the team waived RB Devante Mays.
Scott is out of Michigan State, measuring at 6-0, 227 pounds. He closed out his four-year career as a Spartan ranking ninth among the program’s all-time leaders in rushing yards (2,855) and carries (610), as well as placing 12th in rushing touchdowns (25).
Scott played in 43 career games, including 23 starts, and added nine 100-yard rushing performances. Additionally, he paced the team in rushing three consecutive seasons from 2015-17. Scott is a native of Youngstown, Ohio and graduated from Hubbard High School.
Mays, a second-year player, spent 10 weeks on the team’s practice squad last season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on