· WR Travis Benjamin recorded three receptions for a career-high 89 yards. He hauled in a 54-yard touchdown, the second-longest catch of his career.
· DB Tashaun Gipson recorded his 13th career interception. Since 2013, his 12 interceptions are tied for the most in the NFL (Seattle’s Richard Sherman also has 12). Gipson led the Browns in interceptions in 2013 (five) and 2014 (six).
· QB Johnny Manziel, who came in following a first quarter injury to QB Josh McCown, completed 13 of 24 passes for 182 yards with one touchdown and one interception. In the second quarter, he threw his first career touchdown pass, a 54-yard third-down strike to WR Travis Benjamin.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 7,980, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 129 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· The following players made their NFL debuts: K Travis Coons, RB Duke Johnson Jr., DB Ibraheim Campbell, TE Malcolm Johnson, LS Charley Hughlett, DL Danny Shelton and OL Cameron Erving.
· DB Donte Whitner led the Browns with 10 tackles.
· K Travis Coons converted on a field goal of 26 yards, the first of his career.
· On the opening drive, Cleveland drove 90 yards on 17 plays, taking 9:59 off the clock. In terms of plays, it was longer than any drive the Browns had in 2014.
· QB Josh McCown became the 23rd quarterback to start for the Browns since 1999. He played only the first series before leaving with an injury. McCown joins his brother, Luke, a fourth round pick by Cleveland in 2004, as the fourth set of brothers to play for the Browns and the first to play quarterback.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.