CLEVELAND, Ohio — Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns head to California to take on Jon Gruden and the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are 0-3 to start the season, while the Browns are coming into this game with a 1-1-1. It will be No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield making his first-career start in this one. He will be the 30th quarterback to start a game for the Cleveland Browns since the Browns returned to Cleveland in 1999.
Here are three keys for today’s ballgame:
1. It’s Baker time: The future is now for the Cleveland Browns and Baker Mayfield. Mayfield will make his first NFL start today. Last game verse the Jets, Mayfield came into the game to replace Tyrod Taylor, who suffered a concussion. The crowd went wild and so did Mayfield. The rookie would go 17-of-23 for 201 yards. He lead the Browns to their first win since 2016. They defeated the New York Jets 21-17.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on