CLEVELAND– The 14,240 fans that braved the cold (32 degrees at game time to be exact, the coldest first pitch ever recorded at Progressive Field) got to witness a walk-off Indians win on Sunday as they topped the Kansas City Royals, 3-1.
The deciding at-bat came from Yan Gomes, (who recorded the Indians’ last walk-off hit in Game 2 of their 2017 ALDS) as he sent a fastball into the bleachers.
With the win, the Tribe improve to 4-5 on the year and will welcome the Detroit Tigers to town tomorrow for a four-game set. For now, here are three takeaways from the first walk-off win of the year.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on