The Browns are bringing back one of the most popular players that never played an actual down with them this season, as Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer reports the team is bringing back former Buckeye wide out Terrelle Pryor.
breaking: Terrelle Pryor is signing with #Browns today
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) December 1, 2015
Pryor actually made the final 53-man roster back in early September, but was released when the team inked fullback Robert Turbin, who was released a few weeks back.
Mike Pettine when Pryor made the roster said it would take a “leap of faith” for the team to keep him. Now with the season going nowhere, maybe they hope he can add a spark.
There’s another thought that Pryor can play quarterback, a position they could use after the injury to Josh McCown on Monday night. Austin Davis likely will start against the Bengals on Sunday at home, and Johnny Manziel will be the backup, with possibly Pryor being in the mix as an emergency QB if he’s active.
UPDATE: Pryor tweeted out himself a pic basically stating he’s back with the team
Just had my son in this blanket last night….. Glad to be back to Ohio !! pic.twitter.com/dBRoeNPRBt
— Terrelle Pryor (@TerrellePryor) December 1, 2015
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on