Who would have thought that the Cleveland Cavaliers would be playing the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals around the end of 2017 and start of 2018? The Cavs at one point looked like a team that was defeated game after game and had no shot at being in the NBA Playoffs.
Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert decided to shake things up drastically at the NBA Trade Deadline in February.
Former Cavs point guard, Isaiah Thomas was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers but even three months after being traded away from the Cavaliers, news continues to surface on the type of teammate Thomas was in Cleveland.
According to The Score, Thomas was not a big fan of the teams’ personal pregame handshakes.
Cavs Forward Kevin Love had this to say about the team’s handshakes and not being a fan at one point:
“I’m not sure at what point I’ll become too old to have a handshake like that with someone. But it shows you where we came from, and that we went to battle together.”
On the court and off the court Isaiah Thomas and the rest of the Cavaliers didn’t seem to be a good fit. Remember when rumors swirled around that Thomas was the person to call out Kevin Love for leaving a game early because of an illness and was targetted by the former Cavs point guard.
Love was one of the people that was excited to include Thomas in the teams’ ways following the injury Isaiah suffered for the first few months of the season.
Thomas reportedly said the following about personalized handshakes at a practice:
“That’s not what I do. I just score the basketball.”
Love was excited about the possibility of coming up with a personalized handshake with Thomas.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on