CLEVELAND – It’s been over a week since Indians ace Corey Kluber was scratched from a scheduled start against the Tigers at Comerica Park with a sore hamstring.
While it appears he’s closer to getting back with the team and back to pitching, the club is not going to rush the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner back.
“We’re not going to do something we shouldn’t. If he’s ready, that’s one thing,” Indians manager Terry Francona said to the media today at Progressive Field.
The pitcher, who is 8-13 with a 3.41 in 28 starts this season, played long toss at the park today. He did some light running and agility drills Thursday afternoon to test out the hamstring working with pitching coach Mickey Calloway.
The team has released its pitching probables for their upcoming four-game set with the Royals at Progressive Field, and the team has left Wednesday as a ‘TBD,’ which could mean they feel Kluber could be ready to return for the third game of that series.
Here’s the probables for the four-game set as of now:
Mon September 14 v Kansas City, 7:10PM SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
RHP Josh Tomlin vs. RHP Edinson Volquez
Tue September 15 v Kansas City, 7:10PM SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
RHP Danny Salazar vs. RHP Kris Medlen
Wed September 16 v Kansas City, 7:10PM SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
TBD vs. LHP Danny Duffy
Thur September 17 v Kansas City, 7:10PM SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
RHP Cody Anderson vs. RHP Yordano Ventura
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on