The Indians made the roster move that was rumored about yesterday official on Friday, placing starter Mike Clevinger on the 10-day injured list.
Clevinger injured his left ankle in his return to the mound Monday night against the Rangers during a 7-2 loss.
With Clevinger on the IL, the team has recalled relief pitcher Josh Smith.
It may be a one-day stint for Smith, as the team is expected to call up righty Aaron Civale to start Saturday’s game against the Tigers.
In two starts with AAA Columbus Civale is 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA. He was an impressive 4-0 with AA Akron with a 2.67 ERA before getting the call up to the Clippers.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on