Starters Continue to Whiff Opposing Hitters
This season has been a historic one for Indians starting pitchers. Through Thursday, Corey Kluber (230) Carlos Carrasco (196) Danny Salazar (186) and Trevor Bauer (167) have combined for the most strikeouts of any four starting pitchers in MLB.
Carrasco starts Friday against the Royals. There is a very good possibility that it could be the first time in Indians history that two pitchers on the same Indian’s staff record 200 or more strikeouts. Recent Cy Young Award winners Cliff Lee and C.C. Sabathia never did that.
Salazar starts Sunday. He’d need 14 punch outs to become the third pitcher on the team hit the strikeout century mark.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on