The Cleveland Cavaliers topped the Washington Wizards on Sunday evening, 106-99 behind LeBron James’ triple-double. James was one of many Cavs who found their groove on the road, as they were able to carry over their good fortunes from The Q.
Let’s take a look at the three takeaways from Sunday’s fifth-straight victory.
1. LeBron Keeps Racking Up Triple-Doubles- It will not be nearly as appreciated as it should be, but LeBron James once again put up a triple-double tonight. It marks the third-straight triple-double for James, something that most players try to accomplish three times over the course of their career.
James finished with 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 15 rebounds on the day, having his way with Washington all game. The King is having a lot of fun right now running the point, something that will be split when Isaiah Thomas returns. Until then, keep watching how LeBron proves his title of “Best Player In The World”.
2. Love On The Road- How great has Kevin Love been at the center position this year?
Once again, Love proved how talented and valuable he is at the five-spot on Sunday, as he finished with 25 points and nine rebounds. Love positioned himself all over the court to find his shot, striking at will. With LeBron being the only other starter to get into the double-digit tonight, Love knew he had to keep on shooting to help bring home the win. It isn’t new to him, as he’s gone off for scoring outbursts when needed.
3. Bringing Wall Down- The Cavs did a nice job of stopping John Wall most of the night, holding him to only fifteen points. Wall couldn’t get going like he normally does and that affected the flow of the Wizards’ offense. Whenever Wall started to get his shot to fall, Cleveland would put a quick halt to his explosive play and slow the game down.
Coming off an injury, Wall is still trying to find his rhythm again. Tonight showed that.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on