A LOOK AT WHAT’S HAPPENING – Provided by CSU
- Cleveland State (5-16, 2-6 HL) hits the road for a pair of games this week, playing at Green Bay on Thursday (Jan. 25) at 8:00 pm ET and at Milwaukee on Saturday (Jan. 27) at 1:00 pm ET.
- The Vikings went 1-2 last week, including a 70-67 victory over IUPUI on Thursday night behind 23 points from Kenny Carpenter.
- CSU has played in eight one possession games this year, including four in the Horizon League.
- Cleveland State (12-7, 4-4) will host a pair of Horizon League contests this week, hosting Wright State on Thursday, January 25 and Northern Kentucky on Saturday, January 27.
- Redshirt senior Khayla Livingston became just the second Viking all-time to record 350+ assists and 1,200+ points on their career, ranking in the top-15 in the CSU Career Record Book in both categories.
- Olivia Voskuhl enters the week closing in on 1,000 career points, currently standing at 924, and has been averaging 12.4 points per game this season.
- Cleveland State will take the upcoming weekend off before resuming action on the first weekend of February at Northwestern’s dual event.
- Freshman Declan Forth finished fifth in the saber at the John Szent-Kiraly Open that CSU hosted this past weekend, the highest finish by a Viking.
- Cleveland State unofficially commences the 2018 season this weekend with a pair of exhibition matchups.
- CSU hosts nationally ranked Marquette (11:00 am) and in-state foe Wittenberg (3:30 pm) this Saturday, Jan. 27.
MEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING
- Cleveland State hits the road this Saturday, Jan. 27, to take on defending League champion Oakland in its final dual action of the season.
- The Vikings went 5-0 in their last action on the second weekend of January, defeating IUPUI and UIC twice each and also knocking off Wright State.
- Junior Jason van der Touw was named the League’s Swimmer of the Week for the second time this season this past week.
WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING
- Cleveland State hits the road this Saturday, Jan. 27, to take on defending League champion Oakland.
- The Vikings went 4-1 in their last action on the second weekend of January, defeating IUPUI twice and also winning against UIC and Wright State once each.
- Junior Molly McNamara was named the League’s Swimmer of the Week for the fourth time this season this past week.
- The Vikings (0-2) will play at the Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion for the first time this spring, hosting Duquesne on Friday, January 26 and DePaul and Oberlin on Sunday, January 28.
- Last time out, the Vikings opened the spring season at No. 2 Ohio State (L, 4-0) and Notre Dame (L, 5-2), with Nico Mostardi and Luke Phillips picking up singles wins against the Fighting Irish.
- Cleveland State will open the 2018 Spring Season at home this weekend, hosting Duquesne on Friday, January 26 and Toledo on Sunday, January 28.
- Last week, the Vikings were selected to finish third in the Horizon League Preseason Poll, and return four letterwinners from last season’s Regular Season Championship squad.
- Entering the year, head coach Brian Etzkin is just one win shy of notching his 200th career victory.
WOMEN’S INDOOR TRACK & FIELD
- The Vikings will take the week off from competition, returning to action at the Akron Invitational on Saturday, February 3.
- Last time out, Cleveland State participated in the Tiffin Dragon Open, posting a pair of wins in the Distance Medley Relay and 300 Meter Dash, while also recording nine other top-five finishes.
- Cleveland State continues EWL action this weekend with a pair of duals, one at home and one on the road.
- The Vikings host George Mason Saturday, Jan. 27, at Noon and travel to Clarion Sunday, Jan. 28, at 2:00 p.m.
- CSU fell to No. 19 Rider, 30-6, to open its EWL slate this past Friday. The Vikings lost seven matches via decision, including two by a single point.
VIKING OF THE WEEK
Chan’lier Myers | Fr. | Women’s Indoor Track & Field
Myers had a strong showing at the Tiffin Dragon Open over the weekend, which included a win in the 300-meter dash in a time of 42.91. In addition, she also finished third in the 60-meter dash, crossing the finish line in 7.97 seconds.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
Declan Forth | Fr. | Men’s Fencing
Finished fifth in the saber at the John Szent-Kiraly Open.
Jamarcus Hairston | Sr. | Men’s Basketball
Set career-highs in rebounds (8) and steals (4) in Thursday’s win over IUPUI.
Khayla Livingston | Sr. | Women’s Basketball
Scored 25 points with six assists in CSU’s win at Northern Kentucky on Monday.
Nico Mostardi | So. | Men’s Tennis
Earned a win at No. 1 singles vs. Notre Dame and is now 13-4 this year.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Thursday, Jan. 25
Women’s Basketball hosts Wright State, 7:00 pm
Men’s Basketball at Green Bay, 8:00 pm ET
Friday, Jan. 26
Men’s Tennis hosts Duquesne, 3:00 pm
Women’s Tennis hosts Duquesne, 7:00 pm
Saturday, Jan. 27
Men’s Lacrosse hosts Marquette, 11:30 am (Exhibition)
Wrestling hosts George Mason, 12:00 pm
Men’s Swimming & Diving at Oakland, 1:00 pm
Women’s Swimming & Diving at Oakland, 1:00 pm
Women’s Basketball hosts Northern Kentucky, 1:00 pm
Men’s Basketball at Milwaukee, 2:00 pm ET
Men’s Lacrosse hosts Wittenburg, 3:30 pm (Exhibition)
Sunday, Jan. 28
Men’s Tennis hosts DePaul, 10:00 am
Women’s Tennis hosts Toledo, 2:00 pm
Wrestling at Clarion, 2:00 pm
Men’s Tennis hosts Oberlin, 6:00 pm