CLEVELAND– Even if you’ve been a casual Cavaliers fan this season, you likely know about LeBron James’ and the Enes Kanter’s mini-rivalry… if you can even call it that.
Basically, the rivalry consists of Kanter taking thinly-veiled shots at James ever since November (more on that in a minute).
On Saturday night after the Cavs’ loss to OKC, Kanter posted the following tweet, highlighting the number of points the Cavs gave up while incorporating James’ often used “Strive For Greatness” hashtag.
— Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) January 20, 2018
This feud between Kanter and James started back in November when James was talking about Dallas Mavericks rookie Dennis Smith Jr., essentially implying that the New York Knicks shouldn’t have passed him up in favor of Frank Ntilikina in last year’s draft. In their game at Madison Square Garden back in November, James and Ntilikina got into it, and Kanter followed that up with a shoving match of his own.
James has largely ignored Kanter. And sadly, the Knicks and Cavs don’t play again until April. That gives Kanter plenty of time to try and ratchet this feud up further.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on
- College Sports Betting: How Massachusetts Legalization Compares To Ohio on
- Is Ohio Sports Betting Legal? on