Tuesday was the day that many fans had been waiting all offseason for, as Cleveland Indians pitchers and catchers officially reported to spring training in Goodyear, Arizona.
There is plenty of naysayers who feel that another offseason of cutting payroll means that the team will again be on the outside looking in at the playoffs come October.
The team did go out and fill a couple of positions of need, signing second basemen Cesar Hernandez, and trading for hard throwing reliever Emmanuel Clase.
While it has not been made official reports are the team is going to sign outfielder Domingo Santana to add to the mix of an outfield that is a work in progress as the spring begins.
The Indians themselves are confident that they are still a team very capable of winning 90 or more games, which again should put them in the mix to challenge for at least a wild card spot in the American League.
Today we will take a look at some things that, if they go the Indians way, can put them in a position to be back in the postseason mix and make some of those upset fans believers once again.
1. Cesar Hernandez Brings Stability to the Second Base Position
Click HERE to Continue Reading!
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on