CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Indians had their six game winning streak snapped by the Baltimore Orioles 4-2. The loss somewhat spoiled what was supposed to be a special afternoon, as the Indians were honoring HOF Jim Thome.
The Indians struggled from the first pitch to get things going, as Orioles starter Alex Cobb was dealing. Cobb forced Indians hitters into 18 outs of 3 pitches or less. Baltimore’s four runs came courtesy of a three run home run off the bat of Jonathan Villar (9) and the first career long ball for Cedric Mullins.
Baltimore and Cleveland meet tomorrow afternoon for the rubber match of the weekend series. The Indians toss out Mike Clevinger (8-7) while the Orioles counter with Yefry Ramirez (1-4.)
Continue on to read more on the Indians 4-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on