On Saturday night, news came out that the Cleveland Indians can potentially grab Toronto Blue Jays third baseman, Josh Donaldson and San Francisco Giants outfielder Andrew McCutchen by the end of August, according to Bob Nightengale of MLB Network.
The #SFGiants are in a mini-free fall, which could leave Cleveland grabbing 3B Josh Donaldson and OF Andrew McCutchen by end of month
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) August 19, 2018
As of right now, the Cleveland Indians are looking for any help with Leonys Martin out with a bacterial infection and Edwin Encarnacion out with a bruised hand and bicep soreness.
For the 2018 season, McCutchen has batted .257/.355/.417 in 119 games, 25 doubles, 2 triples, 14 home runs, 53 RBIs, 10 stolen bases (6 caught stealing), and has struck out 112 times.
McCutchen is a 5-time All-Star and won the Most Valuable Player Award in 2013.
As for Donaldson, he has been out the majority of the season with a left calf injury. In the 36 games he has played in he has batted .234/.333/.423, had 11 doubles, 5 homers, 16 RBIs, walked 21 times, and struck out 44 times.
The Blue Jays third baseman is a 3-time All-Star and won the Most Valuable Player Award in 2015.
Both players would become free agents for the 2019 season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on