2. Lindor Stays Hot
Indians SS Francisco Lindor had a big weekend, with the game-winning homer on Saturday, and then Sunday he put up three hits in four plate appearances to raise his average to .262.
Over the three games against the Jays, the Indians shortstop went 5-for-12 with three runs scored, two RBI, and of course the big homer to send the fans home happy on Saturday night.
Sunday against the Jays was Lindor’s 7th game of 2017 in which he had three or more hits, and it seems like he’s getting hot which is a major key for the Tribe as they keep trying themselves to stay hot and atop the AL Central.
His bunt in the first on Sunday in which he reached first after no one covered the base for the Jays was a spark plug after a Carlos Santana single to get the inning going which led to four Tribe runs.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns’ Secondary is Key to Success in 2022 on
- NEO Staff Shares their All-Time Greatest Cleveland Baseball Lineups on
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on