The first big offseason move was made Friday by the Tribe, sending All-Star catcher Yan Gomes to the Washington Nationals for a pair of prospects, outfielder Daniel Johnson, and right-handed pitcher Jefry Rodriguez.
Gomes was a fan favorite among Indians faithful, and Twitter was on fire most of Friday evening with fans expressing unhappiness over the deal made by the Indians.
The Tribe themselves bid a fond farewell to Gomes on Friday night, tweeting out a ‘Thank You’ to Gomes for his contributions to the organization over the last few seasons with the franchise.
We’ll warn the National League teams ahead of time …
? DON’T RUN ON YAN!
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) December 1, 2018
For now, the catcher position belongs to Roberto Perez and Eric Hasse, something that isn’t sitting well either with Indians fans.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on