CLEVELAND– After having just two walk-off wins through the first 112 games of the season, the Cleveland Indians have now walked it off twice in the last 24 hours.
The Tribe toppled the Minnesota Twins on Thursday afternoon 5-4 en route to a 3-1 series win. On Wednesday night, the team won when Francisco Lindor recorded a walk-off 3-run homer to give Cleveland a 5-2 victory.
Wednesday and Thursday’s games mark the first time the Indians have recorded back-to-back walk-off victories since they did so on August 18 and 19, 2016 against both the Chicago White Sox and Toronto Blue Jays.
Here are three takeaways from the win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on