CLEVELAND – While the CSU Vikings held the nations second ranked scorer in Oakland’s Kay Felder to 13 points which is significantly lower than his season average of 26, Felder did manage to get the rest of his team involved with 11 assists as the Oakland University Grizzlies defeated the Vikings by a final score of 67-57.
Felder leads the nation in assists averaging 9 per game.
Demonte Flannigan recorded his second straight double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Kenny Carpenter recorded 13 points for the Vikings as well.
No other player for the Vikings scored in the double digits, Oakland had 4 players score in the double digits. The Vikings were out rebounded 43-28 and the off the bench the Grizzlies scored 39 points to the Vikings 23.
With that all said, the Vikings appeared to come out of the starting gate ready to play, but as the game progressed, so did the relentless, high-flying, speedy attack of Felder which would prove to be the x-factor in the game as he was clearly the best player on the floor for either team.
Next, the Vikings travel to Youngstown State on Saturday, February 13th, where they will look to bounce back and regain some confidence after losing 5 straight in conference play, tip off is at 7:05 PM.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on