Following their 28-14 win over Minnesota on Saturday, the undefeated Buckeyes today got their starting quarterback back on the practice field.
J.T. Barrett was back with the team today after serving a one-game suspension. The quarterback was suspended and was issued a misdemeanor ticket at a sobriety checkpoint on October 31st near the Ohio State campus for a DWI (driving while impaired).
His court date is set for tomorrow morning.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer announced today that Barrett would be back as the starter under center. Backup Cardale Jones was 12-for-22 for 187 yards with a touchdown in the 14-point win Saturday night.
Meyer says Barrett will start unless he doesn’t have a good week of practice, which is the normal policy for the Buckeyes.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on