CLEVELAND-– On the cusp of a two game losing streak, the last thing the Indians needed tonight was an injury to one their best players.
Michael Brantley left the game with a right ankle sprain in the top of the 5th inning tonight. The injury was confirmed by the team.
He was dashing after a fly ball when he just crumpled, and remained in a seated position until the trainers came out and helped him off the field.
If you recall, Brantley missed time earlier this year with ankle issues. Brantley has had a great season thus far, fresh off an All Star appearance last month.
As for the game, Kluber is pitching a gem, but the lack of offense has hurt the club, as they trail the Colorado Rockies 1-0 in the 6th.
Stay tuned to NEO Sports Insiders all night for further developments on this story.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Division II and III Football All-Ohio Teams Announced on
- Deshaun Watson brings more drama to Cleveland on
- Division IV and V Football All-Ohio Teams Announced on
- Guards Fest to Return to Huntington Convention Center January 2024 on
- All good in my old neighborhood! OHSAA Football Championships Edition on