Cleveland State returned to the court for a 2:00 pm game at Ohio on Saturday, Dec. 17. The Vikings are 3-6 this season and have been out of action since a 77-53 setback at #18 Purdue, Dec. 10.
This game was the 14th all-time meeting in men’s basketball between CSU and Ohio. The Bobcats own the overall series at 11-2, including a 76-67 win last season at Quicken Loans Arena. Ohio enters the game at 6-2 overall.
The Vikings lead in the steals category and the turnover category on the positive side and still managed to lose the game. The Bobcats had more turnovers and the Vikings had more steals. So the defense wasn’t the issue. The scoring was the issue.
Not one Viking scored in double digits. Bobby Word led the Vikings with 8 points and 7. The rest of the team was affirmatively shut down, then again, you can’t really say anyone had a good game.
The Vikings are now 3-7 overall.
CSU will return home to host Lake Erie on Monday Dec. 19 at 7:00 pm at the Wolstein Center.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on