Cleveland State returned to the court for a 2:00 pm game at Ohio on Saturday, Dec. 17. The Vikings are 3-6 this season and have been out of action since a 77-53 setback at #18 Purdue, Dec. 10.
This game was the 14th all-time meeting in men’s basketball between CSU and Ohio. The Bobcats own the overall series at 11-2, including a 76-67 win last season at Quicken Loans Arena. Ohio enters the game at 6-2 overall.
The Vikings lead in the steals category and the turnover category on the positive side and still managed to lose the game. The Bobcats had more turnovers and the Vikings had more steals. So the defense wasn’t the issue. The scoring was the issue.
Not one Viking scored in double digits. Bobby Word led the Vikings with 8 points and 7. The rest of the team was affirmatively shut down, then again, you can’t really say anyone had a good game.
The Vikings are now 3-7 overall.
CSU will return home to host Lake Erie on Monday Dec. 19 at 7:00 pm at the Wolstein Center.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on