The Avon Lake Shoremen improve to 12-6-3 on the season and 7-2 in league play as they overcame a 2-0 deficit and won a tough game on the road against the Kent Roosevelt Rough Riders 4-3 on Saturday.
The loss for Roosevelt drops them to 4-3-0 in league play this season.
Kent Roosevelt led the game 2-0 after one period, scoring two late goals, one with 4:36 to play and other goal, this time a shorthanded goal with just less than one minute to play in the first period.
With 12:36 to play in the second period the Rough Riders extended their lead to 3-0, thanks to a pair of goals from Nick Krestan and one from Ethan Steffl.
At that point the game changed, as the Shoremen took over, and finally got back into the game as Tommy Kacmarcik scored with an assist to Murphy Mohar with 7:31 to play in the period to make it 3-1.
That was the score after two periods, but the Shoremen had the advantage as they went into the third period on the power play.
Avon Lake made Roosevelt pay, as sophomore Luke Farthing scored from the left circle at the 14:46 mark to make it 3-2, with assists going to Kacmarcik and Justin Share.
Share wasn’t done, as he set up the game tying goal to sophomore Brady Starck then the game winner, with 6:40 to play, to sophomore assistant captain Isaac Young.
Roosevelt down one went to a sixth attacker with six minutes left, but the Shoremen defense did their part, with Dillon Aslaksen stopping 24 of 27 shots in the win.
Logan Pfeiffer took the tough loss in net for the Rough Riders, as he stopped 25 of 29 shots by the Shoremen.
Avon Lake plays Avon on Tuesday night at 8:15pm at Rocky River.
The Rough Riders will be back on the ice on Saturday, January 12th at The Pond as they take on the Orange Lions at 6:40pm
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on