2. Who Will be in the Setup Role?
Great question, and one that likely won’t get decided until the first pitch is thrown on March 28th in Minnesota against the Twins.
If you look at the teams’ official depth chart (which at this point is subject to change so don’t put too much stock into it), Adam Cimber is the first name listed under Hand, giving the impression that he might be the guy in the 8th inning.
Cimber had his issues in his time with the Indians after the deal to bring him to Cleveland, as his ERA was 4.05 in just 20 innings, allowing nine runs.
In 48.1 innings with the Padres he allowed just 17 runs, boasting a 3.17 ERA, a lot more manageable for a guy who might only pitch to a couple of batters and might only be called upon every few days.
Jon Edwards who threw in nine games for the Indians might also get a shot to pitch late in games, as his name has been mentioned a few times by the team as one that could have an impact.
Look for plenty of guys to get chances once the team arrives in Goodyear, Arizona in February.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on