This game recap is brought to you by Mad Mac’s
The Demons fell to the North Ridgeville Rangers, 42-21 in SWC action Friday night. The Rangers led at halftime 17-0 but the Demons came out swinging in the second half as Jacob May connected with Kevin Walls for a 84 yard catch and run and Logan Rummel made all three extra points on the night.
After a Ranger field goal, Walls struck again with an 88 yard kickoff return and it was 20-14 with 5:33 left in the third quarter.
After another Ranger TD to start the 4th, Jacob May found Jacob Jablonski who made a great effort to get into the endzone from 22 out and it was 27-21 with 5:23 to play in the game but on the first play from scrimmage after the kick off, the Rangers went 80 yards on a sweep and converted a two point try for the 35-21 lead. They tacked on an extra TD on a 34 yard run with 2:47 left to make the final 42-21.
JJ Coleman carried it 15 times for 69 yards while Jacob May went 18/28 for 250 yards with 2 TDs and 2 Interceptions. Kevin Walls had 5 catches for 124 yards and a TD and Jacob Jablonski had 8 catches for 80 yards.
Nolan Westfall led all Demon tacklers with 7 tackles while Connor Gregory and Jordan Taylor each chipped in 5 with Gregory adding a sack.
The Demons will conclude their season next week at UH St. John Stadium as they host the Comets of Amherst Steele. Senior night festivities will begin around 6:30 and game time is set for 7 pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on