After a Tuesday night rainout, the Indians and New York Yankees are playing a doubleheader today in the Bronx.
The Tribe took game one, 2-1, after scoring both of their runs in the top of the first inning.
Trevor Bauer recorded the win for Cleveland, his 14th of the year. Cody Allen got his 22nd save of the season after striking out Aaron Judge to get the third out of the ninth inning.
With the win, Cleveland is now on a six-game win streak.
Before the Indians play game two in just under a half hour and look to sweep New York, here are our three takeaways from the first matchup.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on