Johnny Manziel seems to be TMZ’s favorite person to cover these days, as today the site states that Johnny is going to have to sit the first four games of the upcoming season – despite not having a team to play for – due to violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, something he seems to have done about 50 times according to social media.
Might seem moot … but Johnny Manziel will be suspended the first 4 games of the 2016 season for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy … league sources tell TMZ Sports.
We’re told the violation was NOT due to a performance enhancing drug.
Manziel has said he plans to make an NFL comeback — but we’re told if by some miracle he did get signed to a team, he will be forced to sit out the first 4 games of the season.
The good news, we’re told the suspension does NOT roll over — meaning if he signs a contract for the 2017 season, he wouldn’t have to miss a game for this particular infraction.
We’re told the suspension has nothing to do with Manziel’s legal issues — it was specifically handed down because of the substance abuse violation.
Wednesday Manziel claimed that he was getting ready for an NFL comeback – something that seems pretty far fetched even more so now with the suspension.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on