The rumors about the Browns going after Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo continue, but one NFL Insider seems to think they can forget about it.
Ed Werder of ESPN tweeted out late this morning that he thinks the Patriots are going to stay put with ‘Jimmy G’ and not move him at all, an interesting move based on all the chatter surrounding him since the end of the season.
— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) February 16, 2017
The Browns are not the only team that have been linked to Garoppolo, as the 49’ers and Bears are two other teams that reportedly have interest in making a deal for the QB.
After the Pats Super Bowl win over the Falcons it was reported the Browns were the favorites to land Tom Brady’s backup, but that talk has cooled with two reports this week that New England is gonna stand pat with Brady as the starter and Garoppolo as the backup.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on