It’s been 238 days since Ohio State won the first College Football Playoff National Championship. Despite the celebrations, these have been some of the toughest nine months, as we impatiently waited for college football to return.
The wait is over.
Tonight, the Buckeyes take the field on the road against the only team to defeat them last season, Virginia Tech. Come on back to NEOSportsInsiders.com after the game for a full report on the defending National Champions’ quest to repeat.
Some facts to know heading into tonight’s contest;
- Ohio State is a 14.5-point favorite to win. The Buckeyes went 10-5 against the spread last year, including wins in their final five games.
- The temperature at kickoff will be 73 degrees, and it will dip to the high-60s by the end of the game. There is no chance for precipitation.
- In his 13 previous years as a head coach, Urban Meyer has only been defeated by the same team in back-to-back seasons twice before. In 2006 and 2007, Auburn knocked off Meyer’s Florida team, as did Alabama in 2009 and 2010.
- Meyer is 38-3 as head coach of the Buckeyes, including a 35-1 record during the regular season. That one loss was last year’s Virginia Tech game.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on