The undefeated Buckeyes are one of the top four teams in the first College Football Playoff selection committee ranking, which was released earlier Tuesday.
Also in the top four are Clemson, LSU, and Alabama, with Notre Dame fifth and Baylor sixth.
Things can and likely will change by the time the top four play for the college playoff championship, as last year the top four teams in the first playoff rankings were Mississippi State, Florida State, Auburn and Mississippi.
Out of those only the Seminoles reached the playoff. Last season the Buckeyes started off at 16th in the opening rankings. The final set, really the only one that matters, will be released on December 6th.
The Buckeyes will enter Saturday’s tilt with Minnesota at 8-0 and are ranked No. 1 in both the Associated Press and Coaches Poll.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on