The Indians acquired outfielder Jay Bruce in a trade with the New York Mets yesterday, but Bruce will not start tonight in Tampa Bay.
With Michael Brantley on the disabled list due to an ankle sprain, tonight’s outfield starters will be Abraham Almonte, Austin Jackson and Brandon Guyer. According to John Telich of WJW Fox 8, Bruce was supposed to land in Tampa at 4 p.m.
After adding Bruce to the 25-man roster, the team optioned Erik Gonzalez to Triple-A Columbuis.
To initially make room for Bruce on the 40-man roster, the Indians designated Daniel Robertson for assignment. The club also re-signed pitcher Perci Garner to a minor league deal, and he will head Akron.
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) August 10, 2017
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on