1. Tomlin Stays the Course
Night after night the Indians starting pitching has been downright outstanding, and again on Thursday Josh Tomlin stepped on the rubber and did a solid job for the Indians.
The veteran pitcher kept the Indians in the game, going 5.2 innings, allowing two runs on six hits with one walk and four strikeouts.
The second run allowed was questionable as with two outs in the 6th Abraham Almonte appeared to dive a second too soon and the ball hit him as he wasn’t able to pull it in, allowing the second Royals run to score.
For Tomlin he has gone 5-0 with a 2.66 ERA in seven starts since July 6th, and against the Royals, a team that was supposed to be a challenge for the Tribe in 2017, he’s 1-1 against them with a 2.17 ERA.
Choosing who is going to start in October with the way guys like Tomlin and Clevinger are throwing is not going to be easy for Terry Francona.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on