The Indians got some good news on the injury front in regards to injured starter Mike Clevinger, who has been out since April 9th with a right upper back strain.
Tribe manager Terry Francona said Sunday morning that Clevinger will throw two or three more bullpen sessions this week and then could head out on a minor-league rehab assignment.
How those pen sessions as well as the rehab assignment goes will determine just when Clevinger will be back on the mound for the Major League team.
As of now, Clevinger is eligible to return from the injured list on June 7th.
The team is also putting the puzzle of their rotation together not only minus Clevinger, but also without two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on