The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) will kick off tomorrow the Qualification Stage of the 2018 Concacaf Under-20 Championship. The second round of the men’s youth World Cup qualifying competition will take place November 13-19, at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL.
After an initial Group Stage that included a record number of 34 teams, the six group winners have been divided into two groups. The three team groups will be composed as follows:
Winner Group A – United States
Winner Group C – Honduras
Winner Group E – Costa Rica
Winner Group B – Mexico
Winner Group D – Panama
Winner Group F – El Salvador
After round robin play, the two group winners plus the second-place finishers will qualify for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup. Additionally, the two group winners will advance to the tournament’s final to determine the regional champion. The final is scheduled to be played Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
The complete schedule can be found here.
In line with the competition regulations, teams have been permitted to make up to 6 non-injury related player changes. The updated rosters for the six teams participating in the Qualification Stage can be found here.
Fans will be able to follow all the action through the Confederation’s partner networks, including Univision Deportes (United States), Fox Sports Latin America (Mexico & Central America), Flow Sports (Caribbean) and other local partners. For other territories, the tournament will be available on Concacaf GO (subject to territory restrictions).
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on