The Strongsville Mustangs girls basketball team moved to 4-4 on Thursday evening with a home victory over the North Royalton Bears 66-44.
The Mustangs with the win are now 3-3 in conference play in the Greater Cleveland Conference.
The setback for the Bears puts the girls team at 2-9 on the season.
Strongsville came out on fire, as they led the game 22-6 after one quarter, and led it at the half 35-18.
North Royalton was led by Kaitlyn Bockelman with 16 points including two three-pointers.
Also in double figures with 13 points was Tiffanie Radwanski including two three-pointers.
Jaya Harris added eight points, Sarah Mohammed, Lexi Kovach and Claire Casey each had two points in the setback, and Tierney Malley added a point.
The Bears will be back on the court on Saturday at 2:30pm as they host Cuyahoga Falls High School.
Strongsville will travel to Elyria on Saturday to take on the Pioneers at 2:30pm.
Lady Mustangs bring home a “W” in the new year ! 66-44 ! Way to go ?
— SHS Girls Basketball (@svillegbball) January 4, 2019
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on