INDEPENDENCE, OHIO– Cavaliers guard George Hill remains questionable heading into Game 5 against the Indiana Pacers as he continues to deal with back spasms.
Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue confirmed the news following Tuesday’s practice.
Lue said that if Hill is able to play in Wednesday’s Game 5, he will start rather than coming off the bench. Lue also said that Hill was able to participate in some shooting drills on Tuesday.
Hill was initially injured during Game 1 in the series, as he was blindsided by a screen from Indiana’s Trevor Booker. During Cleveland’s Game 3 loss, he reaggravated the injury during the third quarter.
Prior to Game 4, Hill underwent treatment that included getting four shots in his back. He was still unable to suit up for the Cavs’ 104-100 win and Jose Calderon started in his place. Calderon played 19 minutes and put up five points and two assists.
So far in the playoffs, Hill is averaging 8.7 points and and 1.7 assists in three games against his former squad.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on