4. The Game is Won in the Trenches
It may not sell tickets or jerseys, and doesn’t make for riveting sports talk on the radio, but a strong offensive line is paramount to the success of any football team; and the Browns have that. Cleveland’s monster offensive line led by future Hall of Famer OT Joe Thomas, perennial Pro-Bowl center Alex Mack, and second year guard Joel Bitonio has arguably as much talent as any in the league. The Browns saw first hand how devastating a blow it was to lose Mack early last season and this offseason it was a point of emphasis to address depth on the o-line.
Ray Farmer and company selected lineman Cam Erving to add some depth in case of injury and to become a starter in the future for years to come. Although quarterback has been a question mark for what seems like an eternity in Cleveland, when the offensive line is playing up to its potential one thing is for certain; whoever is under center will be well protected and the running backs will have room to work.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on