5. Build Off of a 7-Win Season
The Browns went 7-9 in Mike Pettine’s first season as an NFL head coach. Heading into the 2014 season, national pundits were predicting the Browns to be one of the worst football teams in the league and let’s not forget the Browns lost their season opener last year before going on to win seven of their next ten games. Seven wins is not a measuring stick of success, but something positive to build off of, especially considering the Browns suffered through six straight seasons of five wins or less before Pettine was hired as head coach. The season did not end the way anyone in the organization hoped, but many of the key guys on that team are still here and hungry to improve upon what was a solid season compared to recent years.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on