Written By Terone Burkes
East Tech’s season was on the brink, but a remarkable second half comeback kept it alive with a 75-68 win over Cleveland MLK.
It was all MLK in the first half, as East Tech trailed 38-24 at the break.
East Tech trailed by as many as 23 early in the third quarter.
The leadership of Isaiah Washington and Tyshaun Howard saved the day, as the duo kept their team in the game and cut the deficit to nine heading into the fourth.
East Tech turned it up another notch in the fourth and outscored MLK by 16 in the final period.
Washington finished with a game-high 29 points, while Howard scored 20.
East Tech (13-5, 10-2) advances to face Glenville in the city championship and will look to hand the Tarblooders their first conference loss of the season on Friday.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on