In it’s final moments of the regular season, the Columbus Crew SC has once again shown us that they are ready for the end of the season and do not want to remember anything about the season that just dragged on without any sign of improvement.
The final score of the final game would end 4-1 advantage NYCFC. The Crew SC’s only goal would come in the 59’ when Corey Ashe would connect with Justin Meram who would then send a beautiful cross towards the far post for a sprinting Ola Kamara to head in or the score. NYCFC clinches the number two spot in the Eastern Conference semis.
The loss with a flash or two of brilliance has been the staple of the Crew SC’s season. The Team’s drop off from 2015 was a tremendous one. Going from the MLS Cup finals to not even making the playoffs seems to be a trend in the wrong direction. Hopefully next year they will consider getting off to a stronger start and perhaps some roster moves will be considered as well I’m sure. But until next time, see you next season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on