Maybe it’s only fitting the week that Cleveland sports fans have had with the disappointment of losing LeBron James to the Lakers that Saturday night with their UFC World Champion was almost bound to happen.
Stipe Miocic, who was the city’s new hero for his courage and determination after winning the UFC Heavyweight Title back in May of 2016, was knocked out on Saturday night, losing the championship to Daniel Cormier at UFC 226.
Miocic after the bout tweeted about the loss, in true hero fashion still giving a thumbs up and talking about being back in ‘The Land.’
Tonight wasn’t my night. I’m feeling good. Thanks to all my fans for the support. Love you guys! See you back in The Land! pic.twitter.com/D2KUR4ex4d
— Stipe Miocic (@stipemiocic) July 8, 2018
If you didn’t catch the first round knockout, here’s a tweet with the video of it.
— Ahmar Khan (@AhmarSKhan) July 8, 2018
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on