Cleveland- As the Cleveland Cavaliers prepare for the NBA draft, which is just under a month away, the organization announced their participation in the Salt Lake Summer League. The six-game, four-team summer event takes place July 1-3 at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Monday, July 1
5 p.m. – San Antonio vs. Cleveland
7 p.m. – Memphis vs. Utah
Tuesday, July 2
5 p.m. – San Antonio vs. Memphis
7 p.m. – Cleveland vs. Utah
Wednesday, July 3
5 p.m. – Cleveland vs. Memphis
7 p.m. – San Antonio vs. Utah
The showcase features the Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs, Memphis Grizzles and of course the Utah Jazz.The way the 2019 NBA Draft lottery fell, the Salt Lake City Summer League could feature six first-round picks, including two top five selections. The selections expected to participate include the No. 2 pick (Memphis), No. 5 and 26 (Cleveland), No. 19, 29 and 49 (San Antonio) and No. 23 and 53 (Utah).
Last years event set a record in attendance for the three day showcase, as 33,884 people watched rookies make their NBA debuts. New Cavaliers head coach John Beilein mentioned on Tuesday that he plans on coaching in summer league, but was not clear if he meant Salt Lake City or Las Vegas.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on