Cavs basketball returns to The Land! The 2015-16 Cavaliers season presented by Discount Drug Mart gets its start with back-to-back games on the road before returning home to tip off Opening Night at Quicken Loans Arena presented by Kenda Tires on Friday, October 30th at 7:00 p.m. vs. the Miami Heat.
Tickets to experience the excitement of the 2015-16 Cavaliers Home Opener are still available and fans can lock in their seats NOW by visiting Cavs.com/Tickets.
In true #AllForCLE spirit, the fun begins with a FREE Cavs Fan Fest held outside of Quicken Loans Arena on Gateway Plaza beginning at 4:00 p.m. When the on-court action tips off inside The Q at 7:00 p.m., Fan Fest will become an outdoor Cavs Watch Party with two GIANT video screens for fans to catch the game.
Fans of ALL ages will enjoy these Fan Fest festivities:
- Interactive basketball games and inflatables
- Performances by the Cavalier Girls, Scream Team and Q Spirit Squad
- Face, hair painting and temporary tattoos
- New Era Cap stand where fans can add a FREE commemorative Cavs patch to their New Era Cavs Caps
- NIKE interactives to help fans elevate & educate their game
- Food, beer and beverages available for purchase, including favorite local food trucks Barrio, Swenson’s and B&M BBQ
- Great prizes and giveaways
NEW SEASON, NEW CAVS TEAM SHOP STYLE! Cavs fans can take advantage of a special Cavaliers Team Shop deal on Friday, October 30th! Fans who purchase an adult or youth Cavs swingman jersey can purchase a select New Era Cavs snapback cap for only $5.00! This deal is available in person at the Cavaliers Team Shop, at the Cavs Team Shop Container Store at Fan Fest and online at www.CavaliersTeamShop.com.
AN EXTRAORDINARY NIGHT INSIDE THE Q
Quicken Loans Arena will be ready to welcome fans back for a new season of Cavaliers basketball with doors opening at 5:30 p.m., approximately 90 minutes before game time.
Every fan in attendance will receive a wine-colored “CAVS” Opening Night T-shirt presented by Cleveland Clinic, designed to replicate the new 1980s-inspired wine “CAVS” uniforms the team will debut on Opening Night at The Q. Additionally, all fans in attendance will receive a 2015-16 magnet schedule presented by Kenda Tires to keep track of the season ahead.
Opening Night at The Q will raise the bar on the always-incredible Cavs game presentation, complete with the debut of the new 2015-16 player introduction video, popular 3D court projection and flaming sabers from the Humongotron. Fans are strongly encouraged to find their seats prior to tipoff to take part in a special interactive pregame moment.
BRING AN APPETITE!
Fans will be greeted by several new and delicious dining options from Aramark, the Cavs’ culinary partner at The Q, plus the return of fan favorites:
- NEW! Launch Test Kitchen (Section 126) is a first-of-its-kind concession stand, offering a rotating selection of local restaurateurs and up-and-coming concepts from Cleveland’s flourishing food scene. The transformational concession stand will feature a rotating menu, centered around flexibility and food trends. Some of the rotating menu items fans can expect to see include sloppy joe nachos, hand-battered chicken fritters, crispy cinnamon pretzel nuggets and other delicious creations from Aramark’s culinary team at The Q.
- NEW! Michael Symon’s Milkshake Cart (Section 207) will serve chocolate, chocolate espresso, strawberry shortcake, vanilla, vanilla bean apple pie bacon milkshakes, with the option of adding alcohol.
- NEW! Nom Nom Popcorn Cart (Loudville) will feature sweet and savory popcorn flavors for fans to “QRUNCH“, including buffalo ranch, caramel, dark chocolate & sea salt, dill pickle and cotton candy to name a few.
- Interactive Beer Vending Machine (Section 116) allows Cavs fans to purchase a beer with ease by selecting from the interactive display screen and paying via credit card.
- All For One Session IPA – Back by popular demand for a limited fall release, All For One Session IPA returns in time for tipoff! The Brew Kettle and Cavaliers have teamed up to offer the Cavs-themed hop forward India Pale Ale by the bottle, or in NEW 12 oz. cans, at The Q, the Brew Kettle and Northeast Ohio Heinen’s locations beginning Friday, October 30th. Cheers!
ALL FOR TECHNOLOGY!
Cavs fans have several ways to enhance their in-arena and game day experience via their mobile devices and social media:
- NEW! Recharge on the Concourse! When a mobile device is running low, Cavs fans can visit one of the 22 FREE Mobile Charging Stations presented by FirstEnergy. Created by GoCharge, the industry leader in charging solutions, each location will be equipped with 12 universally compatible cables, eight USB ports and four standard AC outlets capable of charging iPhone, Android and most other mobile and tablet devices.
- NEW! Cavs Emoji Keyboard – Fans can add Wine & Gold flare to their texts with the Cavs Keyboard app. The app delivers a custom Cavaliers-themed keyboard full of emojis, GIFs and stickers for every Cavs occasion!
- Cavs App presented by BBVA Compass and Beacon Technology – With new updates for the 2015-16 season, the Cavs app continues to provide fans instant access to scores, videos, live streaming audio, advanced stats, shot charts and more! The app provides the ability for fans to receive special beacon messages based on their location throughout The Q!
- Q Social Zone – Fans who are #LiveAtTheQ can stop by the permanent state-of-the-art social media zone located in between sections 123 and 124 on The Q’s main concourse. The interactive zone displays are ripe with social content captured from fans at The Q and around the world. Stop by to learn how to be featured on the boards, win prizes and more!
CAVS WATCH PARTIES AT 40+ LOCATIONS!
Can’t make it to The Q? No problem! Join other fans of the Wine & Gold who are #AllForCLE at one of 40+ locations that will be holding Official Watch Parties throughout Cleveland. For a complete list of participating locations, visit Cavs.com/WatchParty.
NEVER MISS A MOMENT OF CAVS ACTION!
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE for the Cavs Home Opener and all season long! The Cavs 2015-16 promotional schedule features a full lineup of fan-favorite giveaways and memorable theme nights for all ages. Cavs Nation can lock in seats to their favorite games NOW at Cavs.com/Tickets, where tickets to Cavs games are always available, all season long.
OPENING WEEK TV BROADCAST INFORMATION:
- Game 1 – Season Opener: Cavs at Chicago Bulls on Tuesday, October 27th at 8:00 p.m. on TNT
- Game 2: Cavs at Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday, October 28th at 8:00 p.m. on FOX Sports Ohio
- Game 3 – Opening Night at The Q: Cavs vs. Miami Heat on Friday, October 30th at 7:00 p.m. locally on FOX Sports Ohio TV and nationally on ESPN.
Fans can listen to complete coverage of all Cavs games on WTAM 1100 AM, WMMS 100.7 FM and the Cavaliers Radio Network with John Michael, Jim Chones, and Mike Snyder. La Mega 87.7 FM will broadcast all Cavs games in Spanish with Rafael Hernandez Brito.
STAY CONNECTED with the Cavs during Opening Night at The Q on social media with hashtag #AllForCLE on Twitter (@Cavs), Instagram (@cavs), Facebook (/Cavs) and Snapchat (Cavs).